We have a wide range of caregiver Support Groups throughout Aotearoa for our members. We feel it is important to connect you with others who ‘have walked in your shoes’ and have shared your experiences, tears and laughter, frustration and joy.
Groups keep connected through regular get-togethers, fun events, and private social media groups. There may be several support groups in your area, these could be caregivers who live close together, share a similar interest or with similar experiences eg: Home for Life, Whānau/Kin, FASD.
If you can’t find a group that suits your needs, please feel free to set one up. We can help you with this and provide a contribution towards the costs.
Join a Support Group
Set up your own support group
Already a Support Group
Join A Support Group
Caring Families Aotearoa have local support groups that provide peer support in your region. Support groups are made up of other Caring Families Aotearoa members who meet regularly for a cup of tea and support.
When you become a member of Caring Families Aotearoa you can choose which local support group you would like to join. Please send us an email (email@example.com) and let us know which group you would like to be connected to. Otherwise, you can call our free phone, 0800 693 323. You will be notified by email about events in your area, including training, morning/afternoon teas and family activities.
Below is a list of local Support Groups you may like to join.
Local Support Groups
Please find below a list of local Support Groups that are registered support groups of Caring Families Aotearoa:
- Kaikohe LIFT Group
- Mangawhai Support Group
- West Auckland Foster Care Support Association
- Orewa & Surrounds
- Kaipara Carers Support Group
- Foster Care Association Inc (FCAA)
- FASD Auckland Support Group
- Waikato/Hauraki Foster Care Association (Inc Hauraki)
- Caring South Waikato Hearts
- Hauraki Support Group
- Ngaruawahia Support Group
- Cambridge Support Group
- Franklin Foster Carers Association
- South Auckland Foster Care Association
- Rotorua Support Group
- Rotorua LIFT Group
- PACE Support Group Tauranga
- Mid North Support Group
- Tairawhiti Foster Care Association
- Hawkes Bay Foster Care Association
- Wanganui Fostercare Association Inc
- Our Tamariki and Carers (Whanganui)
- Taranaki PACE Parenting Support Group
- Tararua Foster Carers
- Manawatu Foster Care Association Inc
- Wairarapa Foster Care Association
- Wairarapa LIFT Group
- FASD Lower North
- Horowhenua Support Group
- Wellington Family & Fostercare Association
- Kapiti Evening Support Group
- Kapiti Foster Care Support Group
- Wellington Support Group
- Porirua Unique Foster Carers
- Palmerston North Support Group
- Marlborough Foster Care Association (Blenheim/Picton)
- Nelson & Tasman Association
- FASD Nelson Support Group
- Marlborough Grandies
- Nelson Whānau Support Group
- Westport Support Group
- Otautahi Foster Care Association
- South Canterbury Foster/Whanau Support Group
- Christchurch West Support Group
- Ashburton Support Group
- Christchurch PACE Parenting Group 2019
- Central Otago Support Group Association
- Dunedin Coffee and Cake
- Southland Foster Care Association Inc
- Woodlands Support Group
- Gore Support Group
- Southland LIFT Group
Set up your own Support Group
A support group is made up of like-minded people who want to get together regularly and support each other. If you would like to set up your own group, we would love to help you. Each registered support group will have access to our communication channels, receive a contribution towards the cost of refreshments, assistance with events and L’Oréal product for their members.
Already a Support Group
A huge thank you to the wonderful caregivers who are organising get togethers in their communities.
Caring Families Aotearoa will pay a contribution of $5 per Caring Families Aotearoa member who attends your meeting. You can claim the contribution for up to eight meetings a year.
Our Support Group management system lets registered Liaison’s to see the details for caregivers in your group, communicate with them, keep a record of your get togethers and claim your contribution.
If you are unsure how to use the Support Group Link please call us on 0800 693 323 for help.
In each region there is a Regional Committee/Panel made up of up-to six caregivers from the region, National Office team as required, and the Regional Coordinator. The Regional Committee will approve event proposals from the Support Groups and offer assistance where necessary. They may plan/organise events for all members in their region and promote events on Facebook.
We expect this role will take about two hours a month and include a Skype, or similar, meeting with other committee members. More time will be required if events are being organised in the region. If you would like to apply to be on your Regional Committee/Panel please complete this form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In recognition and appreciation of the extra time and support of the caregivers in their region, Caring Families Aotearoa will contribute towards the Committee Members attending National Conference and Regional Hui.